We have a fantastic opportunity within the Platinum Furnaces industry and looking for an ambitious and talented Planner that can work well under pressure and handle multiple planning projects at the same time.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated managers and have a Trade Test or Post Graduate qualification with previous experience Furnaces, Smelting, Platinum as well as experience in planning, expediting, commissioning and preventative maintenance.
Work in a “world-class facility”, assist clients to strategically improve and build their business effectively and personally achieve exponential growth.
Reports to: Project Director
Primary Purpose: Facilitate, coordinate, and maintain the project plan from establishment to project closure
Travel: Be prepared to work on project sites on a fulltime basis.
- Ensure that projects are completed within the determined time frame, within the constraints of the budget, and with sufficient staffing.
- Facilitate, coordinate and maintain the project plan from establishment to project closure.
- Develop standard Project plans, as well as network diagrams and critical path schedule.
- Planning and Scheduling of resources daily/weekly.
- Creating/changing and revising of maintenance plans, optimizing of maintenance plans, standard operating procedures.
- Monitoring changes to critical path and identifying deviations.
- Keeping management informed of potential deviations from scheduled activities and resources.
- Maintaining project plans in accordance with project requirements and identifying ways to improve planning best practices.
- Long term and short-term maintenance planning.
- Long term and short-term shutdown planning.
- Facilitating the flow of materials to and from various work sites or departments. Working with vendors to secure the appropriate goods and coordinate delivery. Responsible for inspecting materials for both quality and quantity.
- Arrange for delivery, assembly, and distribution of supplies and parts in order to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
- Compile and prepare documentation related to production sequences, transportation, personnel schedules, purchase maintenance and repair orders.
- Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, and customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
- Examine documents, materials, and products, and monitor work processes, in order to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Review documents such as production schedules, work orders and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements together with material priorities.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labour or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production and engineering.
- Establish and prepare product construction directions, locations and information on required tools, materials and equipment, numbers of workers needed and cost projections.
Job Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Trade Test or Post graduate qualification.
Previous experience Furnaces, Smelting, Platinum
Proven experience in planning, expediting, commissioning,preventative maintenance.
Company with good moral values and standards going through a new growth phase due to exceptional service delivery and major project achievement award.
Creates environments where their greatest assets – people – are called, equipped and inspired to be their best, to join hands and collectively drive their purpose: Aim for excellence, service their clients and give back to their families and communities. Thus: the positive impact with a lasting impression of excellence.
Projects: from minor capital projects to major expansion process projects in the mining environment with a special focus on metal furnaces.
Have in-house knowledge to design and execute projects for processing and maintaining facilities from initial treatment of mined ore to the production of a saleable product.
In-house resources for process, civil, structural, platework, piping and mechanical work.
The project services department incorporates the planning, procurement, cost control, project accounting and cost engineering disciplines.