If your application is successful, a tentative offer will be made, which will allow you to submit a tailored internship programme to the Professional Board for Psychology. The finalization of the offer will be entirely dependent on your programme being unconditionally approved by the Professional Board for Psychology by no later than 1 December 2020. The offer will fall away if there is no approval by 1 December 2020.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Intern Psychologist will be based at one of our schools in Johannesburg and will work with Nova Pioneer's educational psychologist to provide educational psychological services to students at your school. This will include individual interventions and assessments, group work, meeting attendance, case management, and consultations with parents and teachers.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Work under the supervision of Nova Pioneer's educational psychologist, who will act as the site supervisor
- Provide therapeutic interventions, including play therapy and trauma support to primary school students from Grade 00/000 to Grade 7
- Provide learning support and remedial interventions to students in the primary school.
- Conduct psycho-educational assessments of students in the primary school
- Conduct school readiness assessments of students in Grade R
- Write professional, useful and psychometrically-sound assessment reports
- Provide group interventions and facilitate Social and Emotional Learning experiences with an emphasis on prevention in the secondary school
- Attend Student Support Team meetings and work as part of a collaborative student support team
- Maintain accurate clinical records
- Maintain the highest level of professional and ethical conduct, upholding the Professional Rules of Conduct pertaining to the profession of psychology as laid down by the HPCSA
- Have completed or be nearing completion of an accredited master’s degree in educational psychology (no time will be given for completion of course work)
- Be registered with the HPCSA as an intern psychologist by January 2021
- Have an individualized internship programme that has been approved by the Professional Board for Psychology by December 2020
- Be contracted to an external clinical supervisor
- Be willing and able to work on different campuses of the school
- Be available to conduct assessments during the school holidays
- Have supervised experience in therapeutic interventions and psychological assessment
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting
All applications will be reviewed and applicants notified of next steps within a week of this closing date. There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for.
- In-person interviews: at this point you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing personal development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We work hard but we also have a lot of fun together. We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning. Read more about our culture principles .
Nova Pioneer 2020
Powered by JazzHR