Are you excited to work for a tech company on the front lines of innovation for some of the biggest brands in the world? Do you thrive in environments where challenging the status quo is the daily norm? If you’re an A-player with energy, initiative, and focus on delivering top results, or as we refer to our colleagues at Clickatell – a Champion – then read on.
At Clickatell, we’re upending the way companies connect, engage, and transact with their customers in chat. Chat is something you do every day with your friends, but it’s also a simple technology that we’ve helped our customers to use to accomplish pretty amazing things. Clickatell helps businesses power customer support, customer engagement, and payments all through chat apps like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
Our customers are some of the most admired and recognizable companies in the world and our communications technology is used to reach more than 15,000 global brands every year. Our jobs offer you a chance to grow your career and work with global teams on technology that is quite simply changing the world.
We could tell you about our great coffee, cool digs, super flexible work-life integration, and amazing benefits, but these won’t convince you to come work with us. If you want to test yourself, work on meaningful projects in a fast-paced environment, and be where every day presents new possibilities, come join one of the greatest global tech companies. We want you!
This year marks our 20th anniversary – an achievement that’s about great vision and execution, but much more. We’ve grown by combining curious minds and quick smiles with a collaborative company culture where we never quit or settle, and always strive to create solutions that will change the world. It’s a big proposition, but it’s a mission our team takes on every day in an environment that provides you with the freedom to create and innovate, while having fun at the same time. We’re a fanatically friendly group that listens and puts each other first to accomplish great things together for our customers, our communities, and Clickatell
The purpose of the QA Engineer is to develop test cases and apply testing methods and tools to technically test Clickatell’s products and integration to other applications and services. You should have enough technical experience and skills to develop test cases and execute these test packs using test tools and simulators. You will also need to ensure the testing and installation of the Clickatell applications, configuration and client support of these functions.
The role of our Champion:
- Create, update, and execute test plans and test cases for new and existing functionality
- Continuously improve test coverage by implementing new manual and automated tests
- Review user stories to determine requirements, acceptance criteria, and test approach
- Provide feedback and recommendations regarding software functionality, usability, and defects
- Assisting customers, internal stakeholders, and vendors with troubleshooting end-to-end solutions
- Create and update internal QA documentation and test procedures to ensure that they are repeatable and comply with standards.
- Participate in Agile workflows such as grooming, sprint planning, daily scrum stand-ups, retrospectives
- Develop automated test scripts, test conditions, input test data, and expected results for one or more test plans in a development cycle by analysing the Functional Specifications, System Specifications and Business Requirements. This could include component, performance, database configuration tests, database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Customise and run test automation tools and simulators
- Technical system tests which includes the following:
- Confirming that log files are correct
- Confirming that database is populated correctly
- Internal and external integration points tested
- Confirming that configuration options are correct
- Deployment installation testing (database migration / update scripts)
- Execute performance, stress, and security tests
- Inform the Project Manager/Scrum Master or Technical Project Manager of any issues that may affect the schedule, budget, or quality of the product or the testing process
- Provide sign-off of the test execution
- Able to install own test builds and test the installation
- Provide input on standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Provide input on test schedules and strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
The capabilities of our Champion:
- Experience in entire Software Testing Life Cycle
- Documentation of relevant design and test artifacts (use cases, user stories, sequence diagrams, etc.)
- Manual testing using tools such as Postman, Swagger, REST Assured
- Testing web services and APIs with XML and JSON payloads
- BDD and Cucumber
- JIRA, Confluence, and bug tracking tools such as TestFLO
- Build and automation tools such as Jenkins and Maven
- Databases SQL language and scripting (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Scrum/Agile methodology
- Bonus skills and experience desired:
- Git or other source control management tools
- performance and stress testing tools such as JMeter
- programming experience in Java or other language
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) or other cloud-based infrastructures
- microservices architecture testing
- integration with telecommunications service providers
- geographically distributed teams
- Assertiveness and the ability to convince others of right course of action and to explain a point of view convincingly
- Good interpersonal skills, verbal communication skills and able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Identify and effectively respond to the diverse needs of development department’s customers
- Experience and able to work reliably and responsibly with geographically dispersed colleagues to achieve development and organisational goals as a member of a team
- Able to work alone, and to reliably and responsibly achieve development and organisational goals
- Proven experience in Foresight, analysis and logic, systematic and orderly planning with attention to detail.
- Minimum 3+ years experience as a hands-on QA Engineer
- Diploma in Information Technology, BTech (IT) or Computer Science Degree a significant advantage.
- ISEB/ISTQB certification in Software Testing an advantage
- Automation skills an advantage
- Experience in the telecommunications or finance industry an advantag
Why you will love being here:
- Competitive salary paid monthly
- Medical aid contributions
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Pension fund contribution
- Group life cover
- Communication allowances
- Undercover parking
- Half day off on your birthday
- Being part of a team that is unlocking possibilities with cutting edge technology
- Staff events, lunch on Fridays, cool offices, awesome sense of team